Our Capital Campaign has ended and we appreciate the tremendous support we received from our friends. We held a Garden Dedication and Grand Opening on Sunday, November 10, 2013
and celebrated our successful campaign. We gratefully accept ongoing gifts for the support of our new landscape plan as well as our programs, such as providing weekly floral arrangements for Hospice Patients of Hospice of Southwest Georgia, and our flowers shows and other ongoing projects. Gifts may be directed to the Community Foundation of South Georgia,Please make checks payable to the Thomasville Garden Center Fund or give on-line through their link at our website www.thomasvillegardenclub.org./ Gifts of $250 are eligible for a commemorative brick paver along our front walkway, gifts of $500 can buy two bricks, gifts of $1,000 recieve recognition at the front wall, gifts of $5,000 can adorn a garden element from our wish list, and gifts of $10,000 are noted at the front gate post. Contact Julia Singletary at 229-225-9711 for more information or to make an appointment to discuss donations and gifts of property, stock or other assets. Mail to: The Community Foundation of South Georgia, Inc. P.O. Box 2654, Thomasville, GA 31799. All gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Restoring Our Heritage
A Capital Improvement Plan for the Thomasville Garden Center
A Part of Thomasville’s History
The Thomasville Garden Center was completed in 1956, the result of a community fund drive that had lasted for many years. With the hard work and efforts of Garden Club members and the generosity of many friends of the Garden Center, the mortgage note was burned in a ceremony on the front lawn in 1962. The land was given by Mrs. Parker Poe, a member of one of the local garden clubs and one of its most beloved benefactors. An endowment campaign was launched in 2005 and the 50th Anniversary saw the celebration of the successful endowment campaign, which is to be used for major repairs and maintenance of the Center.
A glance through the yearbooks reveals the important history of the Center and its affiliated clubs in the life of Thomasville. The first club was begun in 1914 to “cultivate flowers, to create civic pride, to add to the beauty that nature has already so bountifully given us; to make Thomasville a more lovely place in which to live; and to foster in our children a love for the beautiful”. The Thomasville Garden Club was one of the first to affiliate with the Garden Club of Georgia and the Garden Club of America. The Garden Center continues to be important to Thomasville-a home for Garden Clubs whose goals now include environmental issues, tree conservation and a love of gardening and flower arranging. And the Center’s unique place in the community offers everyone the chance to host a beautiful and memorable special event.
The Garden Center Campaign is a component fund of The Community Foundation of South Georgia, Inc. Please make checks payable to The TGCI Capital Improvement Campaign or give on-line through their link at our website www.thomasvillegardenclub.org. Opportunities for name recognition available from August 20, 2012-March 1, 2013. Contact Julia Singletary at 229-225-9711 for more information or to make an appointment to discuss donations and gifts of property, stock or other assets. Mail to: The Community Foundation of South Georgia, Inc. P.O. Box 2654, Thomasville, GA 31799. All gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law.